Pathways – Study Book
Pathways - Study Book : From Providence to Purpose
by Tony Evans
Pathways Bible Study Book includes six small-group sessions, six weeks of personal study, applicable Scripture, “How to Use This Study,” and tips for leading a group.
God has a purpose for your life, and He uses every action and event that occurs in it to make that purpose a reality. The biblical account of Esther appears to be a series of coincidences strung together that deliver the Jews from certain death. However, God selected Esther for a particular purpose at a particular time in the history of His chosen people.
In this six-week Bible study, you'll discover your pathway to purpose as you learn and apply principles of God’s providence. You'll learn to recognize the power of God’s providence in the midst of your personal pain, fear, gain, loss, and love. In addition, you’ll be awed by the very personal nature of God as He guides humanity, leading each of us with His intended purpose for our lives.
1. The Security of Sovereignty
2. Mile Markers
3. Ownership versus Management
4. Fasting and Prayer
5. Keep Going
6. Divine Reversals
• Six small-group sessions
• Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Learn how to locate God in the midst of what feels like His absence.
• Explore ways to trust God along the dark pathways of life.
• Position yourself on God’s pathway of purpose for your life.
• Recognize that God uses every action and event that occurs in life to make His purpose a reality.
• Examine the story of Esther and understand her call to a particular purpose at a particular time in the history of God’s chosen people.
• Allow the truth of God’s Word to show you the power of providence in the midst of your personal pain, fear, gain, loss, and love.
• Be awed by the very personal nature of God as He guides humanity, leading each of us with His intended purpose for our lives.