Pastor Search Checklist
A Five-Stage Process for Finding and Calling the Next Pastor of Your Church
Our church is in transition between lead pastors, so what do we need to do to seek and find our next lead pastor?
If you have been asked to participate on a pastoral search team for your church, you need help. You and your church leaders need a resource that will walk you through the stages and steps of a healthy pastor search process in a way that will help you find and keep the person God is calling to lead and shepherd your church.
Using a simple checklist format, Pastor Search Checklist will walk you and your team through a five stage process beginning with preparation and ending with the beginning of a new hope and future for your church.
- Beginning with a more healthy church that prepares for and goes through a successful season of transition
- Forming a pastor search team that gets off to a good start of searching for qualified applicants
- Walking through a process of narrowing down the list of applicants to the best candidate for your lead pastor
- Planning for and conducting a thorough and successful candidating experience for your church and candidate
- Installing and helping your new pastor and his new congregation know and love one another
About the Author
Dr Charles Worley is in his 5th decade of ministry leadership experience. He has served as a pastor, church planter, district and national church planting director and catalyst, Christian college and seminary instructor, and intentional interim pastor. Charlie is currently a church planting coach and catalyst with Converge NW.