Defined – Study Book
Defined - Study Book
by Alex and Stephen Kendrick
Before asking, who am I? we need to be able to answer, who is God? If we can’t answer the first question, we will never answer the second. The problem with our search for identity is that we are looking in all the wrong places. Scripture teaches that we are all made in the image of God. We do not define ourselves—the Creator does. We were all created to be known and loved by God. Once those answers are clear, we can move forward and discover all God has called us to be.
1. Created by God
2. Broken by Sin
3. Transformed by the Gospel
4. Who We Are in Christ
5. What We Have in Christ
6. Living Out Our Identity
7. Walking in the Spirit
8. Walking on Mission
• Eight small-group sessions
• Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Answer the questions “Who is God?” and “Who am I?”
• Define yourself by God’s standard.
• Learn how sin has uniquely broken you.
• Discover how you can be transformed by the gospel of Christ.
• Understand what it means to be created for good works.
• Develop a deeper appreciation for the Book of Ephesians.
• Learn to walk with Christ in stronger faith and assurance.
• Use the unique way God has gifted and created you to serve others.
• Take hold of the grace available to you in Christ.
• Find purpose and meaning in Christ.
• Define yourself by the Creator’s call instead by a cultural identity.